Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Quiet Morning, Stitching

There have been precious few quiet mornings around the Nest of late...but this morning is one of them. It IS quiet. There is a light breeze and the temperature is 67 degrees although it doesn't really feel quite that warm. Just the temperature alone makes this morning "different." We have had really cold weather...so this is delightful. Warm enough to keep the door to the Nest open so I can listen to the sounds of the neighborhood as I work. My next door neighbor is cleaning out his garage. I can hear things being thrown about, his dog barking occasionally, words being muttered under his breath as he works. I can hear cars slow down for the speed bump in front of our house, car doors closing down the street, a bird here and there. While all this is going on...I am quietly working on some embroidery. I am stitching a tree with it's limbs and leaves moving in a light breeze. I'll stitch some flowers under the tree and although there are no real flowers blooming here at the moment to inspire me, I can remember them fondly from times past. I read that God gave us memory so we could have roses in winter and that the earth laughs in flowers, so a nice laugh as I stitch will go well with the imaginary landscape I am creating. Oh, I just noticed two daffodils over by the fence! A visual treat to go along with a nice, quiet morning. One of my greatest pleasures is time spent stitching out here, imagining and remembering.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful morning -- I feel as I am there! When the coming weeks gets crazy (it will!) and you feel totally stressed out (you will!), go to that secret place in your mind and meditate on your quiet morning stitching and I am sure that you will come away with a sense of renewal, ready to tackle whatever problem awaits you.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.