Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday Shopping

It's Saturday and the first day we've had sunshine in quite a while. It's not warm, but warmer than it was, as we have had either rain or snow all week. Me being the way I am, I took the sunshine and the warmth to mean that I should make a quick trip to the flea market. So, I did. It's always fun and I also get a little bit of exercise while looking around. (Well, not much exercise, but let's not spoil the illusion!) As hunting/gathering goes, today was fairly productive. I found some linens, buttons, old greeting cards, a lovely pillowcase with crochet and ric/rac trim, and a sweet little silver wire basket. I have heard it said that if you have two of something...you have a collection. I guess I'm just odd, because in my mind....three of something makes an even better and more lovely collection. The basket I bought today is number three for me, so now I have a really neat silver wire basket collection! I'll take a photo of today's finds and when I find out how to actually include a photo with my posts, I'll show them to you. I'm pleased....but remember, it doesn't take a lot to get me excited over finding other people's "junk." The fact that I know there are others "out there" who also get excited about that same junk is very amusing and pleases me even further. What a nice little Saturday morning treat!

1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

Hi Pat!

Thanks for stopping by my little old blog. I love hearing from new friends and I enjoyed reading about your trip to the flea market. Some people just don't get it so it's always fun to find people who do. Come back any time and I will visit you too.

Lisa

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.