Tuesday, April 8, 2008

$5.00 Worth of WalMart flowers






The other day I was buying groceries at our local WalMart Super Center, as I most always do. They are remodeling the store and nobody knows where anything is. Nobody. Eventually, I suppose we will learn where the thing we are looking for is....and we will be very excited, but for now everything is a confusing mess and it takes hours to do the shopping because, of course, nothing is where it used to be. So, there I am searching, bumping into other people who are also searching...wondering where we are and what we are doing there. We are assured that the "new" store will be finished soon and we will love it. Well, that is probably very true, as there isn't a lot of shopping available here...but, for now, it's tiring and confusing and we are without enthusiasm. So, there I am whining and complaining to myself and as I turn a corner...I see something so fabulous...it made me completely forget the awful mood I was in. There, in front of my very eyes, were the most gorgeous flowers!!! I couldn't resist buying them and instantly decided it was time to go home and the flowers were going with me. Immediately upon arriving home, I put the flowers in a vase on the kitchen table and got out my camera...to capture them "forever." And, you see them here. Five dollars worth of flowers...a priceless amount of joy, inspiration and beauty...from WalMart, of all places. Pat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat -- I love it!!! You have the precious skill of finding and creating such beauty with a few simple things, like bits of old lace, faded china, threadbare quilts, WalMart flowers, and a hundred other lovely little things that fill your home and studio and keep me fascinated when I'm there!

Sherry

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.