Friday, April 30, 2010

An Unexpected Visitor




Remember a few posts ago, I mentioned not seeing my son often enough....not because of lack of interest on either of our parts...just the circumstance of life, as it goes. Well, unbeknownst to me, my son, Scott, and daughter Kelly have surprised me....he's HERE!

Kelly invited that old navy man and I to dinner last night 'so Rick could grill hamburgers for me.' Rick is my son-in-law and I love his hamburgers, so, of course, I said yes right away. He's a good cook and a good son-in-law. So, about 6:00 p.m. off we go to their house. Kelly wasn't there and being a realtor, we thought she was out showing a property and would be home any minute, so Richard (the old navy man) and Rick visited while I took the 'granddog' Trixie for a walk.

I should have known something was up when Rick came looking for us, saying I should come on the back patio til Kelly showed up....so I did. I didn't know it, but he was in on the surprise and didn't want me in the front of the house when Kelly and Scott arrived. So, I'm sitting at the table talking to the guys, petting the dog, when Kelly comes out on the patio. Someone was with her, but it didn't quite dawn on me who it was until I took a good look and it was SCOTT!
What a fabulous surprise!!!

So, I guess I'd better be more careful what I write about in this blog. I know both my kids are followers of it, but I didn't know Scott read it that carefully....but, who cares? He's here, not without some expense and trouble on his part, and keeping a secret on Kelly's part, plus she drove to Little Rock to get him at the airport. Aren't they cool!!! And, he's here until Monday!!! And, I get to SEE that face.....what a wonderful thing!

Give me a few days...then, I'll post again.....take care, pat

13 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

Now that's the best surprise!! Enjoy every minute :0)

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

He's got a wonderful face,
just like his mom.
xx

Francien said...

Well now Pat...that surprise will last for a few holidays like Mothersday...Birthdays or even Christmaseve i guess...your wishes seems to come true...how lovely for you!! and i hope you all have a great time together..you problebly will make some more pictures and show them here...you enjoy the time with Scott now...your Mothersday must already be the best this year!!
greetings Francien.

Elderberry-Rob said...

That is wonderful! I was secretly hoping after your recent post that this might happen - how lovely - so glad for you. That's the best, isn't it, when it's a complete surprise. xxx

browse said...

Aww, he's a good boy! Give him a hug from me! - browse

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Awesome surprise. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend.

Sandy

Unknown said...

Oh Pat, how wonderful!! I wish I could've seen your face, I know you were beside yourself! Have a fabulous visit with Scott!

Dolores said...

What an absolutely lovely surprise. I'm sure you are as happy as can be. A wonderful son indeed.

Anne said...

Wonderful surprise! I know you'll both enjoy being together. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your family. i am very happy for you. Sandi

Barbara C said...

Enjoy your visit with your son. What a great surprise your kids engineered.

FredaB said...

Only another Mother can appreciate how you felt seeing him. What a great surprise.

Hugs

FredaB

Maggie Ann said...

Glad for you!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.