Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Collage to Show




Since I'm behind on my quilting/embroidery projects I have no new things to show you and no news to tell, so I'm at a loss today on what to post. Bearing that in mind, I thought I'd show you
more of the small collages I have been making lately. (Remember, I don't really know what I'm doing...so be kind!)

The first one shown here is a 12" x 12" canvas..painted, then collaged with paper napkins and other paper items...a bird, a cancelled stamp. I seem to really like the poem, as I've included it in several pieces of late, so here it is again. I wrote it out on white tissue paper, then glued it to the canvas using matte medium. This piece was made for an auction tonight benefiting "Main Street Searcy." Some of the artists from Second Saturday Studio are contributing work....so I have to do my part.

The second one is another "Birds of a Feather" piece. I made one similar which was auctioned at Second Saturday Studio on our last opening. That auction benefited the Sunshine School in Searcy. One of my daughter's friends bid on it, but lost, so she asked Kelly if I would make another one. They aren't identical....hopefully, she will like it. This one is 8" x 10."

The third one is also similar to the tiny bird collage at the same auction. A 3" x 3" canvas. Not identical either. So much fun! This one will be available at the next opening of the studio on August 14th for $20 (with easel).

You can see the previous collages in my post of July 8th called "My Made for Saturday" Artwork. So, that's about it for today....I've got to get sewing!!! Y'all stay cool out there and take care, pat

3 comments:

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Pat.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vivian said...

Once again. lovely pieces of art Pat. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara C said...

I think you've found a new medium in which to flourish. These are lovely.

And happy birthday to your much-loved grandson. I can tell he's very special to you.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.