Thursday, November 18, 2010

My 'Craving' Challenge


Did I mention that we are having little 'challenges' every month or so at Second Saturday Studio? The artists aren't obliged to participate, but are encouraged to do so. These challenges are proposed in hopes that we will try new things, get out of our comfort zone, share ideas, and hopefully keep each other enthused! It works for me! So, this month was our first challenge.

Micah came up with the idea of this month's challenge 'theme' - CRAVING. And, we had a pretty good response. There is a size requirement of 12" x 12." Since this is the month of Thanksgiving...naturally, the thought of food is uppermost in our minds...we'll either be cooking it or eating it. And, of course, most thought of craving those hard to resist sweets! I would show you all the art pieces, but some left the premises before I could get photographs. Cheri painted 'Shoo Fly Pie' then took it with her to a show she's doing in Mississippi. Kelly's SOLD before we could even hang it on the wall for our Saturday opening.....it was a really graphic design depicting candy bars. You can see them here, well, except for Kelly's.

So, for tonight, I decided I would just show one photograph....of my challenge piece....I don't know if you can read it...but it says "Aren't we all craving affection? XO, Mom" As always, there are birds.

December's Challenge theme is already in the works.....PEACE. I spent an afternoon this week at the Upstairs Studio making mine because I knew I wouldn't get much done in the coming week...you'll see it around the second saturday in December. The Upstairs Studio is rapidly becoming one of my favorite places....no phones, no tv...yes, peace! Yea!

Hope you, my blogging friends, have a lovely weekend....I have a special event to attend...may show a photo or two...we'll see. Take care, pat

3 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

Oh Pat it's beautiful and what fun! I just love the little studio! The link does show Kelly's. It is in a previous post. No wonder it sold so quickly ~ cute, cute, cute!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Vivian said...

That's great Pat. It sounds to me that the Upstairs Studio gives you Peace. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your husband.

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

That is so pretty, Pat.
I know what you mean about your studio, I surely do.
xx
julie

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.