Monday, December 27, 2010

Our Christmas, 2010






Tonight I was looking at some of the photos I took on Friday night. We had our family Christmas on Christmas Eve at Kelly's house. So, I thought I'd show you just a handful of those photos. Actually, most of them did not turn out all that well......it happens when you are trying to do too many things at once and no one really wants their photo taken. You know how it is. But, these are the ones I thought I'd share.

First, there is the Christmas tree. Isn't it gorgeous? Kelly and Rick always decorate a large tree and in their house....a large one is not over-powering. It's really pretty....very colorful and not in the least 'old-fashioned' (which is the kind I would have). Isn't it funny how our kids can be so different from us. And, in this case, the tree is not the only difference between mother and daughter. I admire her, of course, and think she has great taste!!

Here is Kelly and her Dad - that 'old navy man.' Acting silly and having fun. She, of course, has him wrapped completely around her little finger. Cute.

A once in a lifetime photo....Ty dancing with his Mom. He isn't a dancer, he says, but we think he could be prompted into being a fairly good one. Another cute photo, if you ask me.

Kelly and Rick's dog, Trixie. She is patiently waiting for her present. Trix is a great dog, she and I often go for walks together...she is kind of prissy as she walks along....thinking she is getting away with something...but, of course, she isn't. (Or, is she?)

The kids altogether....my daughter, Kelly, her hubby, Rick (a very nice son-in-law!), Kelly's son, Tyler and his new bride, Lindsey. The four of them look very cute together....a nice little family, I must say!

Scott, my favorite son, we missed having you here.....but understand how time off from work is scant these days and when you are far away not easy, so hope these photos remind you of Christmases past. Not shown are photos of your sister trying out her new guitar, Trix trying to open everyone's presents, Rick making margaritas, me having one, good food and piles of wrapping paper and chats by the fire on the patio. A good time was had by all!

For you, my blogging friends, I hope your Christmas was special too, filled with warmth and love. take care, pat

5 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

I absolutely love the picture of Kelly with her Dad. It's wonderful! And Miss Trixie is just too cute for words. I think she wants to play with Mr Max ;0)

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

Bonnie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

So glad to see ya;ll celebrating together. We have not even down loaded our photos yet. What a beautiful family - oh about that "prissy" walk -,LOL
Merry Christmas, and Happy and Blessed New Year. Hope to see you soon.

Vicki Boster said...

Pat - You have a wonderful family - and these pictures show that your Christmas was surely special. That tree really is gorgeous - I wish for you a wonderful and blessed new year my friend!

vicki

Phyllis said...

Hi Pat,

Looks like you had a really nice Christmas.

I love the Christmas quilt you made for your grandson!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.