Monday, June 13, 2011

A Green Pincushion






It's been a long day. A trip to the VA in Little Rock to take my father-in-law for an eye check-up.
Lots of traffic. It's always kind of a long wait there at that hospital. On the way home, there was an accident way ahead, so the traffic crept along. It took us forty-five minutes to get where it normally takes from five to seven minutes. When we got back to his house, the cable guy drove up just as we did. The tv was out because there was a storm on Saturday night. So, we stayed on to make sure all was back in working order. We were all three just worn out. Some days it doesn't take much. I know you know what I mean.

I was determined to post about something tonight....and truth be told my brain is just 'out to lunch' so to speak, so I decided I'd show you a project I made earlier in the year. I was asked to make a green pincushion for friend's 'secret pal' gift. The secret pal's last name is Green and her favorite color is green too. So, I thought a monogram was in order.

This is not the best color green for a photograph. It's kind of a 'sage-y' green. I decided to piece the background, embroider the corners, monogram the letter G in a satin stitch, and as I love to do...bead the edges.

Sometimes I love certain parts of these projects more than others. On this one....I really like the embroidered triangle corners and the beading the best. What do you think?

Ok....time for bed....hopefully to dream up some more ideas for future projects. Hope you have a wonderful night. take care out there, pat

5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

You have certainly had more than your share of storms. I know sitting in traffic is no picnic either. That is about the fanciest pincushion I can imagine with all that beadwork. Lucky friend.

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

those muted colors are so soothing, I can see why you were drawn to it after your harrowing day!
xx
julie

Shannon Young said...

This is gorgeous -but then all of your work is gorgeous. :-). My favorite part (if I was forced to pick just one favorite part) is the green beading that goes around the edge of the
pincushion. It just speaks of elegance and joyful abundance. Maybe because it's such a rich shade green. I just love the whole thing. Thanks for posting it!

Cathy said...

Lovely pincushion, Pat. Hey, I would even change my name to start with L to have one like it, LOL!!! Seriously, as Shannon said, all of your work is gorgeous. Big hugs, Cathy

Linda said...

I love the pincushion you made me and will be taking it to a retreat in August and I'm sure everybody else will love it too.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.