Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fun at Thanksgiving



Oh, I'm so behind in my posting.....how are you out there? I'm sure you may be like me....running as fast as you can to get things done and feeling at the end of the day as if you haven't accomplished a thing. That's me. I'm not very fond of days that end with me wondering what I did all day, with nothing that 'shows.' Do you know that feeling? It's very similar to days when you grocery shop, spend a vast amount of money, haul it all into the house and realize that you don't have much to show for the amount you've spent and the energy it took to get it all home. So similar.

So....I've been very busy, but have nothing of interest to tell you about. I have spent the last hour or so looking at photos I took over the Thanksgiving weekend, choosing these to show you. When I am worn out and feel the need for something to make me smile....I think some cute guys always do the trick! How about these two?

As you may remember, my son Scott came for several days over Thanksgiving week. One of the things he enjoys doing is making bread and he did that at least twice during that week. YUM! A couple of days after Thanksgiving, in his sister's kitchen, he was making some bread and my great nephew, John Carter, was invited to 'help' him. (John Carter is six years old.) So, he made a small loaf of his own....doesn't he look cute in these photos? Well, they both do, actually. John Carter was so proud and pronounced his bread 'fun to make and good to eat.' And, Scott enjoyed having his little second cousin join in the bread making. Adorable.

Are you smiling now? Me, too. Time has passed and they are both back home now. If you will remember, I always dread taking my son to the airport to return to California. I made myself do better this time, but his sister boo-hooed like crazy. She and I may go see him next year....oh, what fun that would be! And, I'm sure more bread would be involved....well, I should lose weight before then...oh dear!

Hope you are all well.......and taking time to smile and enjoy the cute guys in your family....of course, the cute girls too!!!!! pat

5 comments:

Cindy P said...

LOL

I can remember my grandma mumbling under her breath about "putting the hay down for the goats to get at it!"

I never understood what she was talking about until the very first time I fixed Thanksgiving dinner.

I wasn't laughing any more!

Julie Fukuda said...

I think one of the reasons I make quilts is so there is something left to show at the end of the day. Nothing else ever stays done!
Those are the cutest guys. I can imagine the warmth and smells of freshly baked bread!

Julie Fukuda said...

I think one of the reasons I make quilts is so there is something left to show at the end of the day. Nothing else ever stays done!
Those are the cutest guys. I can imagine the warmth and smells of freshly baked bread!

Anonymous said...

Scott looks so good!! I know you were glad to have him home for Thanksgiving!!!

fiberdoodles said...

What wonderful Thanksgiving memories! Scott looks amazing and I am sure you enjoyed every moment; as you should!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.