Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Belated Birthday Gift











At my last monthly group meeting on January 19th, my friend Jim, presented me with a birthday gift. Well, OK, my birthday was in October....but dear friend Jim and I have not seen each other since September. We held our January meeting at his home, so that is when I received the gift. Bear in mind that going to his house is a gift unto itself. I mean it too. You might want to visit his blog HERE. If you scroll down to see his new silver collection and cabinet....you might understand what I mean. I've got some pretty good photos myself of the now 'massive' collection....such fun for me to see, but thank goodness I don't have to clean it. (You might let me know if you'd like to see those photos.)

Now, about the gift. Well, when I first laid my eyes on it, I had to laugh! It's just one of those 'happy' things. No way could you see it and not smile. Jim, often referred to by me as Mr. G.,tends to be a bit OCD...as am I. We sometimes never know when a project is finished....we just have to stop. So, if you look closely, you will see that he eventually did stop! I love it. Truly. And, it's so SPARKLEY!! He managed to include just about everything he knows about me in this piece plus a lot of tiny mirrors. My cat, Ethel. Birds. Nests. Stamps, which I love to collect. Buttons, lace, flowers and every other little thing...there's even a tea cup as he knows I enjoy hot tea. You'll notice the artist's palette...he says that is him! Well, yes it is! And, my family and some of my friends call me the Queen....so you see the queen chess piece in the background and the word QUEEN. What fun is this???

I photographed my present at the downtown studio....where it will live for a while, then come home to my backyard studio. Everyone who comes in sees it right away....remember...it is very SPARKLEY!!! And, they laugh too and think it is wonderful. You see it here, right in the middle of my workspace, that way, when I'm there....I can look at it and smile and remember that Mr. G thought of me on my birthday. And, the day sparkles!! Thank you, Jim....you really are a good and dear friend!!

Hope you, my very appreciated readers, enjoy seeing this piece of art as much as I enjoy owning it!!! Take care out there....pat

PS. I know that some of these photos are a bit blurry....with all that sparkling....I couldn't seem to get a very sharp photo...but I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing them anyway.

3 comments:

Claudine said...

Un magnifique cadeau très spectaculaire ! Il respire la joie ! Je vais aller voir son blog. Gros bisous

Julie Fukuda said...

Only Mr.G could come up with a gift like that! You are not the only one smiling!

Julie Fukuda said...

Only Mr.G could come up with a gift like that! You are not the only one smiling!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.