Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crazy Quilted Hearts









Tonight, I am returning to the archives and showing you more crazy quilting. If you've followed this blog for a while, you may have seen some of these before. Like the pincushions, these all have new homes and hopefully, their new owners are enjoying them.

These hearts were all made to hang somewhere - from a door knob to the guest room, to the china cabinet or a buffet, on a hook in the bathroom, on the bedpost or the closet door, or, as one of my friends did....hanging on the knob of a glass cabinet housing special fabrics and quilted items. I've made so many, I don't want to count and I own not a one. Maybe one day I'll make my very own.

Most of the people wanting one seemed to like a lot of color....can you tell? I think I might make mine, one of these days, in cream with pearls and rhinestones, off-white silk ribbon and perle cotton and lace......maybe some mother of pearl buttons in several sizes. Well, who knows? Maybe I'll just imagine one and try to get caught up on some UFO's instead. But, a person can dream, can't she?

I've tried to make each heart different from all the rest.....it's a challenge. You tell me what you think about these as I like hearing what you think about the different pieces I make.

I'm currently working on a project for a special person. Hopefully, she will get it in the not-to-distant future and she will then forget how long she has waited for it.....if she likes it, that is.
Working on this special project...for a special person....has been hard to do....so many things going on here to get in the way. Important things. Things that push and pull at me, reminding me that I can't possibly do everything I want to do. I'm telling this to let you (and all my friends and customers) know that I will no longer be doing "special orders." I'm so sorry.....but not being able to meet deadlines is never easy...but at this particular point in my life....nearly impossible, and that really bugs me, so I've decided to discontinue that practice. I just hate disappointing people and keeping them waiting. I know you will understand that.

Now...I did not say I wouldn't be making things for sale....there IS the downtown studio and if I can get myself in gear to learn a few more technical things, as my children encourage me to do, I will be making whatever pops into my head and putting those items in my etsy store, a place that has been neglected...no, forgotten about...for a very long time. No deadlines....that will make me feel better. Now, if I can just apply myself to learning a few things.

So....hope you enjoy the hearts....more hearts to come as February rolls on by us...thank you so much for visiting!!! Stay warm, safe and cozy....pat

9 comments:

Createology said...

These CQ hearts are beautiful. This might just be the small venue I should try. Happy Hearts...

Brenda said...

You are just so talented Pat!! The details you add are just exquisite and makes everything pop!!

Brenda

Thearica said...

The hearts are beautiful as is your very own heart! I feel your pain about missed deadlines and all and am scaling back a lot on my longarm quilting to open up more time to dedicate to my crazy quilting site. I wish you many happy hours of stitching and creating beautiful things! :)

Suztats said...

Your hearts are lovely, and I can see why they've been so popular!

Anonymous said...

These hearts are really lovely Pat.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Pat!!
Each one is so unique and special. I couldn't choose my favorite.

Julie Fukuda said...

Yesterday someone asked me if she could commission a quilt. I asked her how many years she was prepared to wait and the subject was dropped.

Claudine said...

Ils sont vraiment très beaux tes cœurs ! J'ai hâte de voir celui que tu te feras prochainement. Gros bisous

Cathie said...

THOSE are so pretty. Do you have an Etsy shop? If you do (or if you don't) I think those would be wildly popular - and they look like such fun to make.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.