Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Remembering a Small Boy

Today I am remembering a small boy I used to know.  He was so cute!  Today is his birthday.  He is my one and only grandchild....Tyler.  It's almost impossible to believe, as time does pass so fast, but as of today, he is TWENTY-SEVEN!!!  Where did that little kid go?  Nowadays, he is six feet two and two hundred pounds. 
A while back, I showed you a quilt I made for him when he was a little kid....along with a doll quilt to match.  I didn't show the doll as I remember....thinking I'd save it to show today.  So, here it is.  I made this doll using scraps from the quilts for his clothing...and a skein of DMC floss for his hair.
Ty did like the doll, sleeping with it the times he took a nap under that quilt....so it has some wear, but not much.  He always said he was 'saving him' for later for his own kid.  
At a much later point in time, I found this cute red tricycle at a flea market.  It was just the right size.  And, because I had the doll at my house, I thought it perfect to bring home to display the doll.  I also had a little basket which I thought would be ever so cute attached to the tricycle with some flowers added.  (I don't think Ty much cared for that part!!)  So...here he is...waiting to be used by some other little boy....at some future date in time.  (Well, yes, I can and will remove the flowers!)
He's about twelve inches tall....and seems just right for the tricycle.  So, ok, the flowers may be a bit much....but so?

Yeah....seems like yesterday Ty was that little kid.  Still, I remember
how he loved his blue star quilt......he asked me some years later to save it for him and I have.  So, someday it will go to his house...but, for now, I wish him a wonderful birthday and many, many more!  Happy Birthday, Ty!!!

Y'all take care out there, stay cool, and visit later in the week for a peek at one of the craziest things I have ever purchased!  pat

8 comments:

Christy said...

I know what you mean, Pat. My 'baby' is going to be 34 next month. I don't know how that's possible since I'm still in MY 30's!! hahaha. Time seems to be going by in a flash. I think we need to find a way to slow it down. In the meantime ... Happy Birthday to your 'grandbaby'! :-)
Christy
botm2@yahoo.com

fiberdoodles said...

Many blessings for a wonderful birthday Ty!!

Pat I so love the doll and that red tricycle!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gosh, I know how you are feeling. You have passed what I feel today when my oldest grandchild is but 17, watching him grow into a fine young man. I can only hope that he will be near when he turns 34.
xx, Carol

Laurie said...

What a cute little doll, Pat. And such special memories. My baby just turned 37, and I still can't believe time flew so fast.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I love the story and the precious sentiment that he wanted to keep it nice for his child. How cute! Love the grandma quilt and the cute frame that you made.

xxo
Becky

SUSAN HEMANN said...

Wonderful doll! I made a quilt for my son and have saved the pieces to make something for him. I have been busy sewing for my grandson now, quilts, costumes. When I see him he asks me if I bought fabric to make him a cape. So cute.

Jaybird said...

Happy Birthday to Tyler!!
The sister girl and I are going to Evant this evening to "transfer" the three younglets to my house for "Grandma Camp". I am always exhausted when they return home, but we do have a blast while they are around. I think even "Pa" is looking forward to them coming. He has plans to take them to the local
"Icee" palace :^)
Have a good week,
J

giaonhanquocte said...


Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ trang ebay vn cùng với dịch vụ mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.